Are you someone who has issues with any of your feet? Podiatry is the branch of medicine concerned with the feet. The Podiatrist Bondi Junction, NSW is your best go to point for addressing all your feet issues.
Some of the very common foot injuries can be dealt with easily and they offer various services such as:
- Biomechanics and Gait Analysis – Gait analysis is a method of assessing, planning and treating individuals who suffer from problems pertaining to walking and running. This is achieved by using the eye and the brain, augmented by instrumentation concerned with body movements, body mechanics and muscle activity measurements.
Podiatric biomechanics is the use of skills in performing a biomechanical examination that helps in treating problems associated with standing, walking and running.
- Children’s Feet – The foot is made up of 26 bones and 35 joints, kept in position by scores of ligaments. Most children tend to be flat-footed or turn their feet inwards, when they first start walking. Podiatrists can help your children correct their gait. They help your children develop balance, posture and coordination. Professionally fitted shoes are recommended and since their feet grow very quickly, you need to regularly update their shoes.
- Nail Surgery – An ‘ingrown toenail’ causes a number of problems that leads to pain and discomfort. Though it occurs in people of all ages, it’s more common in younger individuals. It can either be treated by surgery or conservative treatment. Conservative treatment methods include soaking in salt water, cutting techniques or antibiotics. If the nail is very sore, it is best you consult footinjuryclinic.
- Diabetes – Diabetes is a disease wherein the body is unable to efficiently manufacture or use insulin, which impairs the body from converting sugar into energy. The experts at footinjuryclinic are highly trained in treating a diabetic foot. Their testing process includes:
- a physical examination
- an X-Ray evaluation
- debridement and wound care
- pathology tests
- PinPointe FootLaser – Onychomycosis or nail fungus is a common occurrence in most people’s feet. PinPointe FootLaser is a clinically proven laser device that can help treat it. Being an in-office treatment, the PinPointe FootLaser treatment is safe and has no harmful side effects. The entire treatment takes about 30 minutes. It converts your disfigured and discoloured nails into healthier and cleaner looking nails.
- Orthema CAD/CAM – The footinjuryclinic has the latest CAD/CAM technology used for designing and manufacturing foot orthoses. Foot orthoses are inserted into shoes. They basically act as arch supports to align and assist the foot and lower limb function while walking and running. The Swiss made Orthema system present at the footinjuryclinic has the ability to provide patients with foot orthoses in less than an hour.
- Heel Pain Management – People suffering from plantar fasciitis experience pain early every morning. This type of pain can also occur after being seated for a while. Such pains indicate that you have inflammation in your heel. The footinjuryclinic design a treatment plan based on their 25 years of experience and medical literature. The treatment can take up to 3 to 12 months. The plantar fasciitis completely heals if you take rest, keep changing your activities and prefer wearing footwear that supports your foot.
To enjoy the benefits of these services all you need to do is call 9386 5400, and the footinjuryclinic will be at your service.